The Don't Post About List... Round 1
- Do not announce the arrival of your period. Period. I doubt we find it as fascinating as you do.
- Do not blog about the laundry, ironing, folding, the detergent you used or your lint filter. Ever. It will NOT be interesting. Laundry sucks. I will be forced to send you the BALB image repeatedly.
- Do not use bright yellow for your font color on light backgrounds. If you do, we will be forced to imagine that we are throwing small rubber balls at you.
- Unless you ate a salad that had $100 bills as the lettuce, I doubt it will be that interesting.
- I really don’t want to see a picture of your half-eaten medium-rare hamburger. Really. I don’t.
- Unless you are in an unusual storm, natural disaster, or other significant weather-type of event… don’t make a post where the only thing you write about is how it’s cold today. If I wanted to know what the weather was like where you live, I’d go to weather.com.
- If your hangover is that bad… go to bed, blog tomorrow. Tomorrow you will either edit the hell out of this post or delete it forever.
- If you start your post with, “I shouldn’t be telling you this…” something interesting should follow.
- Writing a detailed itinerary in ten minute intervals of your day is really not that interesting when your itinerary includes driving, sitting in class, stopping at a red light in traffic, working, etc.
- Don’t set your blog up so that a visitor has to have SuperGeek technology powers to leave you a comment.
A post I particularly enjoyed from today's randomizer was Blog Today. Tomorrow You May Be Eaten.
Have a don't you'd like to share? I'll be adding edits or additional posts as more and more "dont's" come to light!