Meat Sean Watts, Eco-Challenger
1. Sean, I'd love to let my readers get a chance to know more about you. Could you tell us where you live?
I live in Manaus, near the Amazon river. I've got a cozy little boat that does an adequate job of keeping the skeeters away.
2. Have you always lived there?
No, heh, I'm originally from the Ozarks of Missouri.
Yeah, I see you thinking of a hillbilly comment... it's best you kept that a thought.
3. That's a pretty big change in location, what do you do there?
I'm a tour guide. I take boats up the Rio Negro and take tourists and adventurers on strolls through the jungle.
4. Sounds like fun!
It's something to do. Keeps me out of an office.
5. You were a member of an Eco-Challenge team. What did you have to do to make the team?
I worked hard. I had to push my limits and embrace the thrill of adventure.
6. I read some articles that you had a rough childhood. Would you mind telling us about that?
Yes. But I know you are a nosy, pain in the ass who won't leave me alone until I tell you more. My mother stayed at home with me. My father worked in construction... he had a passion for Schlitz... and Jack... and anything else that would help him "relax".
7. So he was an alcoholic?
Yeah. You could say that.
8. I understand that you lost your mother while you were young. I'm sorry for your loss.
*Shrug* I don't really remember much of her, other than her constant praying... and her moans after my father finished using her as a punching bag.
9. Well, I'm sure she's in a better place now, with God's grace.
What? You don't agree?
I might, if I thought there was a God and if I thought she was deserving.
10. Um... Ok... Well... Uh, It must be amazing to see all the wildlife in the rainforest. What's your favorite creature?
The poison-dart frog is pretty darn cool... but, I think I'd have to say the Harpy Eagle.
11. How do people get in touch with you for a tour?
I've got a few deals with hotels, travel agents and I've got a friend who handles some of the internet work for me. I don't like working all the time, so my tours are sometimes spaced out a bit.
12. So, what's next for Sean Watts?
I've actually just been hired as a guide for a larger project. I'm afraid I can't tell you any details at the moment though. I'll be out of Manaus for a little while.
13. Hello fellow Thursday Thirteener! Sean Watts is the protag in my "Work In Progress". He's been spending a lot more time with me recently. He's fascinating but also a little annoying and... he can be a real ass sometimes. I hope that he continues to keep me company. I really need to finish his story.