13. I am a passionate reader and I know that I could write as well as some of the books I read.
12. I'll be watching the news or reading an article and often one of my first thoughts is: "Would that be an interesting plot point in a novel?"
11. I have more than 6 books on how to write and I always seem to pick up another one. Although, if you have less than half a dozen you are just a wannabe! *wink*
10. I have put my work in front of complete strangers and then asked them to tell me how bad it is.
9. I have started talking about a story idea and 10 minutes later realized that I was talking louder and faster as I became more passionate about the details of my story... and noticed the person listening to me had a glazed look of complete disinterest.
8. I have talked about make believe people as if they were "real" life friends and family members.
7. I have sat in front of my computer and spent hours working on a particular scene.
6. I've tried to learn and practice and learn and practice and learn and practice the craft of writing. So many hours that could have been spent on family time, house work, exercising, reading, and I do not regret my choice.
5. I write, therefore I am.
4. The stacks of plot ideas and character notes that surround me. - on my desk, in my file cabinet, in folders on my computer, in hard copy stacks placed in colored plastic sleeves.....
3. The fact that completing a novel is one of my life's goals. There are so many goals that I can have... and that is #1 for me.
2. I love writing. I love it. Love it. Love.
1. The voices in my head say so.