13 things that have kept us apart!
I haven't even spent five minutes in the blogosphere since last week. The craziness from Friday continued on through the weekend and early part of this week... Let's see what's happened since Friday morning - here they are... 13 things that have kept me 5,000 miles from the blogosphere.
1. Severe abdominal pain of unknown source.... or so says the ER release form that I got when I spent a day in the emergency room with my 9 year old. She had some severe pain a month or two ago and I took her to the doctor and he saw nothing troubling and eventually it went away. It's back and this time we took her straight to the hospital. It's incredibly tender to touch... but blood tests and xrays couldn't identify it... so now we play the waiting game.
2. The joy of seven year glee... The pea pie turns 7 this month and I've been trying to get her party scheduled and invitations together. The party is this Saturday.
3. My mother who loves me.... and feels the need to call me every evening to ask what my daughter wants for her birthday or how my other daughter is... or if I saw American Idol... or if I wrote my grandmother...
4. Lincoln Child's Deep Storm (book I finished and need to write a review on)
5. Trudi Canavan's Priestess of the White (which I also finished and need to review)
6. Trudi Canavan's Last of the Wilds (ditto)
7. Read Blanchard's Raving Fans.... not by choice mind you. I was given a week to read it for work and starting soon we're all going to talk about our thoughts on customer service... every day... each morning, before we start our day. Oh may the joy never end.
8. The job which has lost it's appeal. The CEO completely wigged out on Friday, treated the employees in a completely unacceptable fashion and when I let him know he was pushing me to look for another job he responded by telling me they may just go ahead and hire some one soon so that there isn't a gap in the service provided to the clients (yeah, I really felt appreciated after that).
9. The beginnings of the job search. So I brushed off my resume and sent it out on Saturday. I've already had five calls in response. I'm thinking it's a good sign so far.
10. Longer than usual work days... It's called the work harder, get criticized more, get more tasks, have shorter timelines and get nothing in return business model... oh yeah... I love working 10 to 11 hour days. (see #9)
if I want to criticize the stupidity or pity the thought that this is the most important thing in someone's life. Unless it's all a great big joke.... then Har Har Har
12. Family funday. Saturday (to release some of last week's pent up energy and before #1) we went to the Children's Museum as a family outing.
13. Let's see... Oh yeah, a UTI, a special gift for me from the "Life Sucks Fairy, Ha Ha Ha".
So, it's been an interesting couple of days for me.