TT: Happy Birthday To Mememe
TT Edition #72 12/21/06
Today is my birthday. So, I'll just make a post for 13 all about me and my presents and whatever tickles my fancy.
1. From my husband: A Keurig Special Edition B60 coffee pot. It's one of these machines that has little cups and I can have coffee... and tea... and hot chocolate... it's SOOO cool.
2. My husband was reading my blog and saw a reference to the new Lecter book... so he got me: (I'll be following up with a review soon!)
3. The next thing my husband got me is a $15.00 gift certificate to itunes to get more music for my ipod!!! :) What should I get? No folk... no rap...
4. My mother is sending me a $100 gift certificate to Michael's to buy some scrapbooking supplies so I can try my hand at scrapbooking... course... I may not actually buy scrapbooking supplies *wink*
5. Work gave me the panic day from hell. I had this great idea that I'd wake up, get the kids on the bus, then slide back in bed and sleep in till 8:30 and then wake up, shower and THEN get to work... but no... 7:30 I get a crisis call and ended being the flame controller on about a dozen issues till about 5:40 this evening. Nothing like your morning shower at 6pm and boy did I need that shower. There is a reason deodorant exists.
6. A birthday memory from my past... I remember my 18th birthday so well. First off, it was the first birthday with my husband. He bought me the crappiest sweater he could find. Wow... it was terrible, I nearly shocked myself to death it built up so much static with its fake chenille (sic?) powers. Anyway, my mother gave me the best Christmas card ever that year... it was a rip off of a romance book and I laughed so hard. I still remember that card. Then she made me my FAVORITE cake - devil's food cake with cherry pie filling and then iced with melted hershey bars... oh yeah. Unfortunately, I had the flu. In true teenager fashion - I couldn't let it hold me back. I remember throwing up in the kitchen sink moments before I strolled out the door to spend the evening with my boyfriend and friends at a party. (Yes.... I wasn't nearly as smart then as I am now. I also recovered so much faster.)
7. One year I really, REALLY, wanted a particular book. I believe it was a Dean Koontz book... anyway. My mom gives me my present and I'm totally excited... I rip off the paper and I say, "oh yes, I wanted this. Thank you, mo..." and then I looked at the cover... it was a book I ALREADY HAD! Oh... the pain. I tried not to let my face show my expression... I know I failed my mom said, "what? I thought that was the one you wanted - you were so excited." And then... she started laughing her ass off and told me to open it up. It was the book I wanted and she grabbed the book cover off my old book and switched it. All she could say through her laughter was, "you should have seen your face".
8. My 21st birthday was six weeks after the birth of my first daughter. If you've delivered children you know what the six week mark signifies... nuff said.
9. This year I got myself a new blog layout. I really like it... What do you think?
10. I signed myself up for a membership at Backspace The Writer's Place.
11. Anyone who has a birthday so close to Christmas knows the joy that is the "combined gift". Yeah... you gift givers know who you are... Hi Rashenbo... I hear it's your birthday... Happy Birthday AND Merry Christmas... here's a mug for ya, it's for both ha ha ha. I'm over it now and really don't mind... but it's tough on the kiddos and teens can be real resentful of it. Even if they tell you it's ok. Unless it's a car, or a trip to Paris, or a new computer... it's not ok...
12. I came home on Christmas day, December 25th, 1976 in a large red stocking from the hospital. My mother still has that stocking in her hope chest. I have my very first winter cap... it's this red knitted thing - it's in my cedar chest... with my signed Spiderman comic... yes, it was the REAL spiderman, not some faker dressed in costume... :P~~~~
13. I'm really looking forward to my year in the realm of "30". I think it's an interesting place and I am looking forward to meeting my fellow 30'ers. Naturally, we are the best age ever... as anyone born in 1976 knows. Those other years only want to be as cool as we are... and if you didn't know... that's the year of the DRAGON... by far the coolest. You tigers just think you are cool. Neiner, neiner, neiner.
Oh, I found this great site today and I wanted to share this blogger with you guys. His blog is awesome. I think I'll keep him for my own and call him George. I was laughing so hard I almost snorted my beer... and that would NOT have been good... although, it might have made for an interesting post! :)