Some days just suck... until they get better, that is.
13 reasons why I don't have a clever and creative new TT list.
1. I had a sucky day at work today. Nothing really bad happened, it's just my direct supervisor tends to "motivate" by demotivating people. He criticizes on issues that the employee doesn't really have full control over. He talks about how much of a piss poor job you're doing and how the company may not last a month, and then adds "I'm not making threats. This is just the way it is."
2. I feel completely unappreciated as an employee. I was the only administrative employee that remained from one company that merged with another... the other had no employees... just the owner and a couple of independents. I have worked three full-time roles during the merging trying to keep the organization stable.
3. I had this clever idea for a list of 13 ways music impacts my life... but then I drank a bottle of Fat Bastard's merlot. Now I can't seem to recall what was so clever about that list.
4. It was more entertaining to watch my daughter show me what she learned in gym class today... apparently they've now added square dancing to the curriculum. I have no memory of square dancing EVER being on ANY PE class I attended.
5. My husband had a crappy day at work today and after a few captain and cokes.... well, let me just say he's being VERY attentive... and quite entertaining.
6. Did I mention I polished off a bottle of wine?
7. I had a thoroughly enjoyable phone conversation with my mother. No one drives me as batty, but I love her in a way that I just can't honor with written words.
8. She let me know that my only remaining grandparent failed her competence test to live on her own. The family has an important decision to make regarding her care. It really puts a damper on my thoughts.
9. The Pea Pie really wanted to wash the dishes and I just had to let her do it. Naturally, it required my supervision. Never leave a 6 year old ADD child alone with a full sink of warm soapy water and breakables. Trust me.
10. After 10 hours in front of the computer, sometimes you just HAVE to step away.
11. My husband and I are thoroughly enjoying a rousing game of Gears of War... on the insane level... co-op is the ONLY way to go...
12. Once the kids are asleep we'll hit the ranked matches online to really release today's tension by blowing up other people.
13. Well, that about wraps it up! :)
Cheers, until next time.