TT: 13 Characters For You to Meet.
TT Edition #71 12/13/06
Have you ever done that "get to know you" activity where you tell 2 truths and a lie? The idea is that you share three things and one of them is fake and then you have people guess which one is the lie? Well, I thought that I'd share some people that I know and then some folks that I've made up. I'll change names to protect identity... but six of them will be people I've never met and I've made up and six of them will be people that I do know and one of them will be me. Can you guess who is real and who is fake? Let's begin. (I've now added a link at the bottom that will take you to the answers - for those of you who have already guessed!)
1. Crazy Aunt Mabel. Crazy Aunt Mabel is just about as schizophrenic as they come. She once claimed to single-handly battle a cougar on her porch. She lost all her teeth in a bar fight. Then said she had mouth cancer, but it just turned out to be old food stuck in her dentures.
2. Double O Z. The boss from hell. He claimed to have been a harvard professor, professional pugilist, a computer coder when coding was done by hand AND had been offered the ambassadorship to France. He delights in turning employees against each other just for his own amusement.
3. The Ecochallenger. Brad grew up in an abusive home with an alcoholic father. He doesn't deal well with emotion and is incredibly sensitive to drinking. He has jumped around the world and has some interesting philosophies about life. He was a team member of an ecochallenge race.
4. The Hillbilly. Jinks is from a family of hillbillies. The family farm has a long history of dairy farming and small town drama. One crazy uncle fought the local church with guns and threats of septic tank runoff. Her great uncle got caught doing something he shouldn't and spent some time in San Quentin. Her grandmother disinherited two children and one grandchild from the will.
5. The Doctor. Sally grew up on the Hopi reservation in Arizona. Her mother was grandaughter of the tribe's wiseman and her father was a federal agent with the BLM. She's got strong roots in Indian traditions and culture and currently works as a doctor in Africa. She regularly prays to her guardian totems and has performed a special ceremony to speak to her ancestor shaman.
6. The ditzy blond #1. Greta grew up in a small town in central Minnesota. She's a blond-haired, blue-eyed German married to a six-foot-five African-American who plays professional basketball in Macedonia. She plays on the stereo-type of blonds to get further in business. She's a hell of a politician and can bull-shit with the best of 'em. She's also a pharmaceutical sales rep.
7. The ditzy blond #2. Anna is the 7th child of a well to do family from Minnesota. As the baby, she gets to do whatever strikes her fancy and picks a new hobby each year. The most recent obsession has been geocaching. She's got a plan to drive across the US hitting as many treasures as she can.
8. The Executive. Jenna is the only daughter of a man who was passionate about conservation. She's grown up with the best education money can buy. When her father died she became obsessed with his own goals and is a strong activist for conservation. There is no one more OCD than she.
9. Cajun Bob. Ah yes, Cajun Bob is the life of the party. He was born in Acadiana (known by everyone else as south Louisiana). Cajun Bob drinks too much. Loves his food spicey and says things pronounced like, "cooyon" for stupid... "do do" for sleep... He makes the best gumbo that can be found and "oooo eee" - I'm not sure what that means.
10. The Dermatologist. Dr. J is a lovely older woman. She survived a terrible marriage and became a recovering alcoholic. She then went on to partner a business with another person. The business took off, until claims of brain washing and sexual harassment forced her to file a major lawsuit.
11. Psychic Claire. Claire has been touched... yes, she has a gift. She has 15 different sets of tarot cards. She likes to think she's reincarnated, usually by whatever dead celebrity she can think of at that moment. She is the most loyal friend you can have and every now and again her "premonitions" do come true.
12. The Twin. Sue is a lovely woman in her mid-40s. She is an identical twin. They are identical in every way, except where it really matters. Sue has no uterus. Anna, her twin, was able to have a child. Sue has always longed for a child but she has had to accept that she will not. Now she dedicates her love to her doggies... a pack of yapping Terriers. She's married to a wealthy executive and spends her time on various boards and sells Arbonne products for "fun".
13. The Housewife. Trisha became pregnant with her first child when she was 16. She dropped out of highschool and married the child's father. After 13 years they are still together but their life is anything but perfect. She struggles with her own self-worth and confidence. Her husband is verbally abusive and ignores their two daughters. Instead, he only devotes his time to their son. She has been unfaithful several times but can not build up the courage to leave her husband. She suffers from several illnesses and is unable to work, which just compounds her problems.
Ok, there you go 13 characters. Who is real? Who is fake? Who is me? 4 of the characters are from my novel. 2 of them are from a future novel. 1 of them is me. The others are real people that are family, friends or acquaintances.
The answers are found in this link. You should only click it once you've come up with your guesses! No Peeking!
Labels: Thursday Thirteen